For Will's second birthday he received tools as a gift. As I opened the tools and was taking them out I was telling the kids the names of each tool. A few moments later while they were playing with them Alaina says, "Look Mommy! I am wrenching like a little girl!"
Will's party theme was Thomas the train and each child took home a goody bag with a train whistle, train lollipop, and some Thomas tattoos. During the party Alaina asked Grammy to put one of the tattoos on her and she did. A couple days later Alaina said, "Mommy I want my too-too off" pointing at the Thomas tattoo on her arm.
After going to church with her cousin, Kiley, I asked Alaina what she learned about Jesus. She quickly responded, "They were out of doughnuts!"
Sitting at lunch the other day, Will looks up at Aaron and says, "Smell it Daddy? Smell it Daddy?" Aaron looked at me and asked, "What is he saying?" I clearly stated that Will was saying, "Smell it Daddy?" So Aaron looked at Will and said, "Smell what?" Will quickly replied, "My butt!"
One night while sitting at a restaurant Will proudly announces, "My butt tooted, my butt tooted!"
While in the car, I was listening to my Superchicks CD and as the music changed to a different tune Alaina asked, "What kind of music is this mom?" I said, "This part is called rap music." She said, "Oh, wrapping paper music."
Watching Backyardigans one evening before bed the crew was on a secret mission and they were trying to miss all the boobie traps. Alaina quickly looked at me with a very questioning look and said, "Boobie trap, mommy?" Then she kinda smiled and repeated it to herself a couple of times.
Lately, Alaina has been very inquisitive. She has been asking some pretty tough questions too. The other day she asked, "Mommy how is the baby going to get out of your tummy?" Then tonight before bed she began to ask about Jesus on the cross. So after a lengthy conversation about the life of Christ and spending eternity in Heaven she thoughtfully asked, "How will we get to Heaven? Do we walk there?" Before I could say no or explain further she said, "If it is a long trip can we watch a movie?"
So after homeschooling Alaina today, we laid down to nap and I said to her, "I am so thankful for you! I love you very much!" She replied, "I love you too. You are the best teacher at my school!" Every mom should be so lucky to hear such words, she is a sweet girl! I must admit, I am the best teacher at her school. Considering.... I am the only teacher at her school!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love these stories!! How precious! I love Alaina wanting to watch a movie on the way to heaven :) And the "favorite teacher" story makes me think of all the times my brothers told me I was their favorite sister... and were quick to remind me that I was their LEAST favorite sister as well! :)
Post a Comment