Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It is the Small Things (Part 7)

I asked Alaina today what her favorite restaurant was and she said, "Arby's ...... what ever that is."


Today Alaina was making rhyming words. She said, "cat, bat, mat, hat;" "dog, log, frog;" "flashlight.... (pause) ashlight." LOL! I love my little sweetie!


Alaina asked me if God sleeps. I said I don't know. I hear Will then yell, "God do you sleep?" "Sure do!" He answered himself. And then looked at Alaina and said, "Yep, God does sleep!"


While visiting friends who own cats one of the cats jumped up beside Alaina and she looked at me and asked, "Will it eat me?"


Will was singing, "I like to move it, move it!" When Aron started singing as well. Will says, "Me too!"


I was cuddling with Alaina on the couch the other day and I looked at her and said, "I just don't know how you got so big!" 
She looked right back at me and said, "I just don't know how you got so big!" 
So I said, "Yeah, me either!" Too funny!


There's a children's Bible song that goes, "Peter, James, and John in a sailboat"... well, Will (our two year old) was singing, "Peter Pan and John in a sailboat." This was after he had watched Peter Pan for the first time.


Aaron was playing "I spy" with Alaina, and she was trying to get him to guess the scale in the bathroom. When he couldn't guess it, she finally described it to him as "the weigher....you know, the thing that tells you how tall you are and how many months you are."




We went to the zoo the other day and Alaina was feeding a goat some animal food out of her hand and in her most mothering voice asked him, "Are you getting enough little camel?"

On that same trip to the zoo, Will saw the rhinos and screamed, "Mom look! Dinosaurs!"



Often times, Alaina and Will complain to us about the other one bragging to them. For example, Will might say, "I have my milk and you don't," to which Alaina would reply, "Will's bragging!"

All this to say, a few weekends ago, my brother and his family was in town visiting, and on our way to Chuck E Cheese (they were following us in their car), Alaina says, "I want to sleep with Kaplan tonight (her 4 year old cousin) because I've never tried that before."

Will chimed in, "Yeah, and I want to sleep with Logan (his 3 year old cousin)."
Aaron and I then explained the sleeping arrangements, which consisted of Alaina and Kaplan in different rooms, but a possibility of Will and Logan in the same room. This made Will say to Alaina, Logan and me are sleeping together but you and Kaplan aren't."

So Alaina said back to him, "Will, stop bragging!"

He replied, "I don't know what bragging means."

This prompted Alaina to launch into a full explanation of what bragging was. However, Aaron and I didn't hear much of it over our own laughter, as she started out her explanation with the following line:


"Will, bragging is when two people want to sleep with each other..."












1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your kids are awesome! :)