Friday, July 02, 2010

Teagan's Firsts

Teagan is 5 months old and I am amazed at how quickly she is growing up. I have been through this twice before with Alaina and Will, but with the thought that Teagan may be my last baby (the decision has not been totally made for sure yet) I think I am paying extra attention to the little things she does. Not that I didn't pay close attention to Alaina and Will, but I am sad to say I didn't record it. So in an effort to actually remember these things I am going to try to keep up with her "firsts" through blogging.


It started Father's day weekend with two huge milestones. When I went to get Teagan out of her crib I instantly realized that she was laying on her tummy instead of her back. So my little girl at some point during the night or morning had figured out how to roll over. The only problem being she has not yet figured out how to roll back over to her back. Then the second milestone came while we were sitting in a Chinese restaurant enjoy their buffet for Father's Day. We heard Teagan say, "Da, da, da, da, da." We thought it was cool that she started saying "dada" on Father's Day but we figured she wouldn't say it again for a while. But much to my surprise she says it everyday and several times a day. Now we just need her to understand who her "Dada" is. Even though she may not know what she is saying it is so exciting to hear her say it!


This week has also been filled with "firsts" for our sweet Teagan. I had gotten the go ahead from our doctor to give her rice cereal a few weeks ago, but I hadn't yet tried it. So a few nights ago we sat Teagan up in a booster with table and fed her rice cereal for the first time. This girl LOVED it and she was a pro at eating it right away! She has always been a eater and this step in the process was no different. (I guess since she had been eating 8 oz bottle starting at the 3 months - rice cereal was a perfect next step to help fill her up).






Also this week I put Teagan in her excersaucer and she stood up on her feet. Now this was not her first time in her excersaucer but usually when I stick her in it she immediately colapses her legs and hangs there. But this week she has started standing in the excersaucer, so this is very exciting.






Then Today, I hooked the baby swing up to our swing set and put Teagan in it. We all took turns pushing her and her face lit up everytime. She was thrilled to be in the swing and she stayed in it for quite a while. It was so cute to watch her smile as she went back and forth on the swing, she probably would have stayed there all day.






Well it is official as all kids do, our Teagan is growing up.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So sweet! Can't wait to meet Teagan in person :)