This is probably going to be a short post, but I had to write about it. Over the last few years living with my daughter I have noticed many of her habits and preferences. She like her father is very particular. She like things to be just so. From the little things, like which spoon she uses to eat with to the big jobs like cleaning her room. My most recent discovery, although I had noticed it before, now I can put it into to words. My Alaina likes saving the best for last!
She eats cranberry cereal for breakfast, but before eating it she picks out the cranberries and saves them to eat last. For lunch when eating spaghetti and meatballs, yep you guessed it, she pulls out the meatballs and saves them for last. Dinner time, same thing, whatever she likes most out of the meal she saves for last to eat. On the occasion that we have dessert she pulls the chocolate chips out of the cookies and of course, eats them last.
So as I am explaining this process to my husband he smiles and says, "Yeah, I do that too." He proceeds to tell me that even that very day when we brought and had lunch with him at work he had saved his last bite of burger to eat once everything else was finished. So at least now I know where she gets it, right?
Thursday, October 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is really cute, Kelly! It also shows what a patient girl Alaina is to be able to delay gratification for something she really likes/wants!!
That's so cute!! it's sweet and scary at the same time that our children end up so much like us :)
Post a Comment