I have to mention what has become the BEST part of my morning. Before letting you in on my sweet pleasure let me preface by telling you about Will when he was a baby. I know I have mentioned it before but our Will had a cry that would make fingernails on a chalk board sound like a beautiful melody. It was so ear piercing that at 4 days old we had already moved him to his crib in his very own room. Now, before you moms out there start criticize me, let me say I always made sure he was feed and changed before putting him in his room to scream it out. All that to say I didn't get the cuddle time with him that I had enjoyed with Alaina and now enjoy with Teagan. There wasn't a time that I was able to nap with him as a newborn or pull him into our bed just to snuggle. By the time he had grown out of his screeching scream/cry he had gotten so used to sleeping on his own that he didn't want to cuddle or nap with me at all. Much to my dismay my sweet boy was a self soother who didn't like to snuggle with mommy to go to sleep.
Now let me get to the reason for this blog, which at this point you may have guessed. For the last 2-3 weeks, my Will has woken up between 6-7 AM and come into our room, crawled up into bed with me and snuggled with me until it was time to get up. Let me say, I knew I had to break the habit of letting our kids sleep with us a while back when Alaina would come into our room in the middle of the night to sleep with us. After weeks and months of sharing a bed with a squirmy toddler I decided I needed to get up and put her back to bed. But I have to admit my little boy coming in for an early morning cuddle has become the BEST part of my morning! Yes, I know it will be a habit I will need to break in a few weeks but for now I am just going to enjoy it!!
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Precious moments :)
Post a Comment