Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Never Been Prouder as a Mom

As a mom there are many times I have been proud of my kids, but there are also those days I am not so proud of them. Lately, my two oldest have been fighting alot and not getting along. I have been chalking it up to the fact that they are 4 and 2 years old, but it has been very discouraging! There have been glimpses of hope when they have been playing great and things seem to be normal again. Today there were two VERY bright glimpses. Let me start with the first one. We were driving home from Bible study and I hear Alaina talking to Will in a very serious voice. So I turned down the music to listen in on their conversation. I also moved the mirror so I could see her as well. As I watched her sincere face this is what I heard her sweet voice say to her brother.


"Will, don't you know that God made us?" "We were babies and now we are big kids and a long time from now we will go to Heaven to be with God and Jesus!" She repeated things of this nature a few times until Will interrupted and asked her what was on his mind.


"How will we get to Heaven Alaina?" Will asked a little worried.


She answered very confidently, "Jesus is mighty! He has power in His hands, He will take us there!"


I must admit while hearing this not only was my face beaming with a smile, but my eyes were filled with tears. The smile was there because our little Alaina was professing a faith in Jesus that she is just learning about, but she already realizes that she wants to share it. The tears filled my eyes because I realized that I myself so often forget to share my faith with others with my words. But yet here my four year old was sharing what she knew about Jesus to her two year old brother. What a blessing it was to witness this conversation!


My husband recounted this second glimpse of the sweet relationship between a sister and brother. Later in the day during dinner Aaron heard Alaina talking to Will. She was encouraging him to use the potty like her because she is a big girl and he is a big boy now. She told him that if he used the potty he would get m+m's and that mommy and daddy would be so proud of him. As soon as dinner was over Will hopped down from the table and went straight to the bathroom and used the potty. This was the first time he had done that on his own. And All it took was a little "pep" talk from his big sister.


So like the title of this post: I have never been prouder as a mom! I love my kids and pray that God will always use them to positively influence each other. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

SO sweet! I love these little glimpses too. Our twins in particular fight like cats and dogs... I'm so thankful for the super sweet moments too... to remind me that they DO love each other! :) Thanks for sharing these glimpses into your life. I miss you!

burlap+blue said...

Aww, Kelly...how sweet! I almost teared up reading your post--I can see why you are so proud!!
Let's reschedule Lewis Ginter!! Do you guys have a free day next week?? Miss you!